Men’s leather wallets are prized for a sense of class and the highest durability. Some guys tend to favor a specific brand while others a specific construction. When it comes to picking the best, it’s important that you take into account the number and types of items you need to store and what grades of leather wallet are you comfortable paying for.
The best men’s leather wallet won’t always be the same for you and your neighbor. However, some leather wallets are versatile enough that men can use them without resorting to having a few spares for special occasions.
This article will help you understand the features of our top five favorite men’s leather wallets in 2018.
Whether you prefer a casual design or a classy design, you’ll surely find at least one wallet on our list that fits your needs.
We’ll also give you our recommendation as to which wallet we believe is the best overall and which you can get the most use out of.
Best Men’s Leather Wallet Reviews
1. Travelambo Leather Slim Wallet
The Travelambo Leather Slim Wallet comes in a wide variety of colors. The manufacturer also puts a lot of care into delivering a solid combination of comfort and security.
This wallet comes with six slots designed for credit cards. The top side pocket is also big enough to hold ID badges and hotel room keys.
The slim design makes it so you can keep the wallet in virtually any pocket. However, keep in mind that with any slim wallet it may be difficult at times to slide your credit cards out of the side pockets.
The main compartment is big enough to hold most dollar bills but you may encounter difficulties with some European currencies. The wallet is 3.3 x 4.1 inches only so wider bills may show at the top.
The RIFD blocking is a great security feature. It should protect all credit cards and debit cards from being accessed. However, it may not work on access cards like hotel room cards or some ID badges that operate in the 125kHz frequency.
Still, while it may not have the most impressive style, the light texturing on the exterior leather is quite alright for both casual and professional outfits.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY, our warranty covers any defect caused during product production and delivery. We can offer you full refund or free replacement, whichever is at your most convenience.
- SUPER MINIMALIST & SLIM: only 0.12" thick, sizing 3.3" X 4.1" X 0.12" extremely convenient to be carried around in your front or back pocket. 100% GENUINE LEATHER: soft and durable.
- RFID BLOCKING TESTED & APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LAB TESTS. Our wallets have been tested for 13.56 MHz Frequency in which our credit cards, debit cards, driver license and ID cards operate. PLEASE BE NOTED THAT the signal of some ID badge, access cards and hotel room cards which operates in 125 KHz, can not be blocked by this wallet.
- ENHANCES PERSONAL SECURITY: We leverage top RFID technology to block RFID signals used to electronically scan your wallet as someone passes by unnoticed. This keeps your vital information in driver license, debit cards and credit cards from being stolen.
- PREMIUM FUNCTIONALITY: Our RFID wallet not only offers security, it's also very functional. It features 6 card slots for you to place your most frequently used cards.
2. Kinzd Leather Card Holder
Is it a wallet or a card holder? It actually serves dual purpose, triple if you count its advanced RFID technology. Nevertheless, the Kinzd Card Holder has a simple design that can look amazing if you pick the right color.
A lot of people want to get in on the RFID protection action. These days, even a thin card holder such as the leather Kinzd can help protect your credit cards from nefarious scans.
The card holder also features a finger glide ID window. Not all wallets come with one so it’s great to see this feature added.
It’s even better if you also consider that the wallet comes with six additional slots where you can store your frequently used credit cards or business cards.
The main pocket has room for around 10 or so bills. You could also use it to keep receipts until you get home.
The wallet is made from leather and it looks its best when you get the various brown models. It has a small patina pattern which just doesn’t look the same in full black.
3. Herschel Supply Co. Card Holder
Herschel wallets are some of the most trusted wallets in the world. They make quite a variety of men’s wallets and this card holder happens to be one of their finest slim designs.
Unlike our previous two products, this wallet is 100% polyester. The polyester may not have that leather appeal or last as long, but it does give it more versatility when it comes to outfit matching. This one is a worthy alternative to leather wallets if you think you might need to wash your wallet.
The use of polyester makes the wallet washable. The seams aren’t strong enough to endure a washing machine cycle so wash by hand only.
The wallet comes with a layer of RFID protection for your credit and debit cards. And, although it is a slim design, the wallet features multiple card slots.
However, to truly enjoy a slim version, probably two cards on each side and some cash is more than enough. Keep in mind that the wallet doesn’t have an ID window. But you can use the middle pocket to hold your ID as it is stretchy.
One minor drawback is the large breaking-in period. The wallet is not as flexible as it appears at first glance. Nevertheless, if you don’t plan on keeping it in your back pockets, you should be fine.
- RFID blocking layer to help prevent the unwarranted scanning of identification, credit and debit cards.
- Signature striped fabric liner
- Multiple card slots and top-access storage sleeve
- Engineered red and white striped tab
4. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Ranger Leather Passcase Wallet
Tommy Hilfiger designs clothing and accessories for both men and women. However, the manufacturer’s upper line apparel for men is what makes the brand so popular. This surprisingly budget-friendly wallet is nothing but a classy alternative to the traditional bulky men’s wallet.
Six card slots are usually more than enough for anyone. Unlike most wallets on our list, this Tommy Hilfiger design has all card slots featured on the inside and with the opening at the top.
The wallet also has an ID window built into the removable pass holder. Although it is a folding wallet, the ease of access is impressive, to say the least. The fact that no pocket or slot has any closure is even better.
The 100% cow leather looks really impressive in the black, brown, and dark brown models. Nevertheless, there are a few more color variations for you to choose from. The lining is also 100% leather and that helps make the wallet as classy as they get.
The height of the wallet is 3.5 inches which should be enough for the most popular currencies around the world. That being said, due to the ultra-slim design this doesn’t work well as a travel wallet.
- MADE FROM GENUINE LEATHER: Crafted out of real leather, our stylish passcase wallet combines design & functionality. Really soft and comfortable to touch. 100% Cowhide leather prevents leather from stretching out.
- FUNCTIONAL - Tommy Hilfiger Wallet offers 6 inner card pockets, 1 large bill compartment, and 1 removable ID Window.
- REFINED & STYLISH - Our genuine leather passcase wallet is enhanced by a stylish pebbled strip with embossed logo. Crafted with premium materials and great attention to detail.
- SLIM DOWN YOUR POCKET -Measuring just 3 1/2" x 4 1/2", it is the perfect size to fit in your pocket without bulging out
5. Bosca Men’s Leather Executive ID Wallet
Bosca’s men’s wallets tend to have a slightly higher price tag attached. However, the quality of both the leather and the stitching is hard to overlook. And, this particular slim design is packed with compartments for almost anything you can think of.
The wallet not only has five slots for credit cards but also a bunch of other storage spaces. It has two separate utility slots for business cards, receipts, or other forms of identification.
There’s also a separate windowed slot that allows easy access and quick identification when needed. There are also two separate currency pockets instead of the traditional single pocket. The wallet should be able to fit USD, GBP, and Euros without any issues.
The design is as simple as it gets. There are only four colors available and the exterior doesn’t feature any markings. Other than the side seams, of course.
The craftsmanship alone probably accounts for half the price. Everything looks impeccable inside and out. The utility makes up for the rest. The extra compartments earn the design team five stars as it is nothing short of impressive how many slots are available in a standard 0.5” thick wallet.
After all is said and done, the Bosca Men’s Leather Executive ID Wallet gets our vote for the best men’s leather wallet. Although it lacks RFID protection, the extra utility slots and currency pockets put it ahead of the competition. It is a slim wallet with the highest quality leather and impeccable workmanship, which makes the compartmentalization even more impressive.
However, if you’re looking for something similar in terms of versatility but with a lower price tag, the Kinzd Leather Card Holder has plenty of storage room and a layer of RFID protection. If you’re looking to compromise a bit on durability but still get plenty of use, this may just be the option for you.