Even though smartphones have basically taken over our lives, especially in the financial world, there are still classy men out there who prefer a genuine leather wallet for carrying cash and credit cards around.
Of course, different people have different needs, so not every wallet will be able to handle everything you throw at it. This is why we’ve rounded up several wallets that we strongly believe are among the best available at the moment. Read on so we can help you make the right choice.
Best Men’s Wallet Reviews
1. Hissimo Men’s Slim Wallet
Let’s start off this batch with what might certainly is one of the handsomest if not the best men’s wallet out there. It is designed to be a slim wallet, meant to be carried in your front pocket. It saves space and still packs quite a few neat features.
This is one of the classiest slim wallets available on the market, designed to carry only a few of the most important cards and a couple of bills. It’s made from synthetic, eco-friendly leather.
- Small size, minimalist style, ideal for when you only need to carry a few cards and several bills
- Premium synthetic leather, eco-friendly. New Version 2.0 updated material, more durable than old one
- 4 x 3 inches, 1 cash pocket, 3 card slots and 1 ID window
- RFID blocking, protects you from data crimes
- Covered by our 18 months warranty
What's to like about the Hissimo Men’s Slim Wallet
First of all, we like the fact that it comes in a large number of different colors, and those include black, cross-grain black, green, and two shades each of brown, dark blue, coffee, and grey.
It has one cash pocket, an ID window, and 3 slots for cards. Also, it comes with RIFD blocking feature.
What's not to like about the Hissimo Men’s Slim Wallet
Even though it looks classy, the synthetic leather doesn’t really feel as such, and it actually may come off as a bit too cheap.
2. Serman Brands Leather Bifold Wallet
Here we have a touch of a bit more class, but it is a similarly styled slim wallet meant to be carried in your front pocket. Unlike our previous contender on the list, it is made from genuine leather, which is also reflected by a higher price tag.
This is a minimalist front pocket wallet, meant for men who look for something that is stylish yet understated. It can carry several bills and a handful of your most important cards, but nothing more than that.
- PATENT PENDING - 12 MONTH WARRANTY, The SERMAN BRANDS Warranty covers any factory defects as a result from the manufacturing process of the product. The warranty is non-transferable and only valid to the original buyer for purchases Sold by SERMAN BRANDS
- SAFETY. PRIVACY. SECURITY - Our wallets are equipped with advanced RFID SECURE Technology, a unique metal composite, engineered specifically to block 13.56 MHz or higher RFID signals and protect the valuable information stored on RFID chips from unauthorized scans
- SLIM AND STYLISH - Made with the Finest Full Grain / Top Grain genuine leather, Designed Quick Access ID Windows, Best Fits 6-8 cards plus US bills with no bulk, and a minimal Pull-tab design to reduce bulk - Wallet Size: 4" in. x 3" in. .4" in.
- HOW IT WORKS- At last! A wallet that will meet your everyday needs. The SERMAN BRANDS card holder is equipped with a front pocket made for your most used card. 2 pockets on the inside, with a photo ID slot, and a money clip to hold your cash. Wallet case also has smart pull-strap for quick access to your everyday cards.
- LEATHERS- Our vintage leathers stay true to their nature by being receptive to scratches. With use the wallet will absorb the natural oils of your hands which will allow the wallet to develop a rich and dark color. Each wallet has a compelling story to tell. Available in the colors: Texas Brown, California Desert, Canyon Red, Charcoal Black, Slate Gray. Our dressed leathers are coated (in a smooth interface) to protect the wallet from the daily grind. Available in: Jet Black, Mahogany, Chocolate
What's to like about the Serman Brands Leather Bifold Wallet
Not only that it comes in seven different colors, the design team went as far as to give these finishes names, so they include California Desert, Canyon Red, Charcoal Black, Chocolate, Jet Black, Mahogany, and Texas Brown. It features a photo ID window, several card slots, and a money clip. On top of all this it comes fitted with a top-shelf RFID security chip-based technology.
What's not to like about the Serman Brands Leather Bifold Wallet
The leather seems very gentle, so it can scratch rather easily. This will not look good, especially if you pick one of the brighter finish colors.
3. Estalon Front Pocket Slim Wallet
Now for something even more minimalist. This is another slim wallet meant to be carried in the front pocket. It is probably the best men’s wallet for those who prefer simplicity, as it is not even a folding design. In spite of all this, it comes loaded with some really nice features.
Estalon has made quite a respectable product here, especially when you consider its price tag. You’d have to search hard to find another wallet made from genuine leather at this price. Don’t forget the fact that it looks quite classy and it comes with anti-theft protection.
- 100% Genuine leather credit card is specially designed to carry currency note,Ids & credit cards,
- RFID BLOCKING TESTED & APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LAB TESTS. Our wallets have been tested for 13.56 MHz Frequency in which our credit cards, debit cards, driver license and ID cards operate. PLEASE BE NOTED THAT the signal of some ID badge, access cards and hotel room cards which operates in 125 KHz, can not be blocked by this wallet.
- FUNCTIONALITY: 1 Note Compartment, 4 credit card slots & 1 ID compartment . Measurement : 4.37 Inch X 3.18 Inch.
- ENHANCES PERSONAL SECURITY: We leverage top RFID technology to block RFID signals used to electronically scan your wallet as someone passes by unnoticed. This keeps your vital information in driver license, debit cards and credit cards from being stolen.
- GIFT BOX PACKING PACK: a perfect gift idea for your beloved man for birthday, valentine, Christmas and anniveray.
What's to like about the Estalon Front Pocket Slim Wallet
A very strong contender for the title of best men’s wallet, it comes in a large number of color options. There are actually 34 different ones to choose from, so it is virtually impossible that you won’t find one that fits your style.
The wallet really is totally minimalistic and understated, but that also depends on the color you choose. As usual, it has a separate compartment for your personal ID, and 4 additional slots for cards. Also, it is armed with RIFD anti-theft technology, even at this price range.
What's not to like about the Estalon Front Pocket Slim Wallet
Cards tend to stay a bit loose inside. Even though the wallet comes in a gift box, it would have been much better if they invested the same amount of money in better overall quality control.
4. NapaWalli Leather Wallet with Magnetic Money Clip
This is probably our favorite of the whole bunch. It looks mighty, it’s both classy and masculine at the same time, and it packs quite a punch when it comes to different features and options.
Once again, it’s a front packet, compact wallet, but this time it’s a foldable one. Of course, it packs the latest RFID anti-theft technology, but it comes with a specially developed money clip. It can pack your personal ID cards, 3 other cards, and cash, along with two spare slots for other goodies.
- YOU WORK HARD FOR YOUR MONEY: That's why we use 4 Rare Earth Magnets (instead of 2) to hold on to your cash. We tested the rest and now you can buy the best. Rare-Earth magnets were developed in the 70's and are made from alloys of rare earth elements. They are the strongest type of permanent magnets.
- WE MADE THIS ONE OURSELVES: After testing the competition we knew we had to develop our own Money Clip. Finding the right factory wasn't easy but once the prototype was completed we knew we had a winner using Full Grain Napa Cow Leather, detailed stitching and secure card slot holders.
- SIZE and FEATURES: The wallet is 4"x 3" and fits nicely in your front pocket. Comes with 3 card slots, 2 larger slots and an I.D. holder
- RFID Blocking Wallet: Tested for 13.56 MHz Frequency in which the credit cards operate.125 KHz Proximity Cards, RFID signals are NOT blocked;
- 1 year replacement guarantee
What's to like about the NapaWalli Leather Wallet with Magnetic Money Clip
It looks magnificent, and it features 21 different colors to choose from. There are four different rare earth magnets used for the security of your cash, which is two more than most other contenders on the market offer. Overall, it looks rugged and built to last. Quality control is top-notch here.
What's not to like about the NapaWalli Leather Wallet with Magnetic Money Clip
There have been cases reported where the super strong magnets interfere with the magnetic strips on your credit cards.
5. Tumi Men’s Delta Global Center Flip ID Passcase
To round things off, here we have a completely different beast from the other wallets we’ve reviewed here. It is the ultimate statement in class as it aims for something quite unique here. Is this the best men’s wallet out there? It could very well be.
It is a simple and understated bi-fold wallet, made from genuine leather, and even the lining is made from same material. The stitches and unobtrusive company logo are the only elements taking away the attention from the wonderful black leather.
- EXTERIOR FEATURES: Gift box included
- INTERIOR FEATURES: Tumi ID lock protective lining
- MATERIAL: Leather
- DIMENSIONS: Dimensions in inches: 4" x 5"; Weight in pounds: 0.2 lbs
What's to like about the Tumi Men’s Delta Global Center Flip ID Passcase
This handmade little gem is what it’s all about. A simple bi-fold wallet with a few slots for your cards and a compartment for your money bills. Nothing more, nothing less. It only comes in black, and yes, it is quite pricey, compared to the other products here.
What's not to like about the Tumi Men’s Delta Global Center Flip ID Passcase
Maybe they could’ve added brown as a color choice as well.
Choosing a men’s wallet is a mission. You don’t just enter the first store on your way and purchase any wallet they have in stock. A wallet is a fashion statement as much as it is a man’s everyday item. This is why you have to choose wisely, and always pay attention to a few most important things.
What is it made from? Most guys will go for a leather wallet, but why should you go that way? Also, will you be able to fit all your personal and precious stuff inside? Do you want it to be big and spacious, or do you aim for simplicity and a tiny size? Let us help you out with all of that.
Go on, you can admit it, in most cases when you choose your wallet you always go for one that looks the best. Well, the way it looks is mostly directly connected to its material, so let’s cover that first.
The most obvious solution is to go for a leather wallet. Usually, these wallets are the best and it is rather hard to beat the classy appearance of a well-made leather wallet.
In most cases, leather wallets are made from cow leather. This type of material looks good in virtually any color, and it is also very durable. On the other hand, cow leather doesn’t feel that sleek to the touch and the grade can vary quite a lot. If you are up to something softer to the touch, you should opt for a wallet made from calfskin. Also, it looks much more luxurious than ordinary cow skin.
Another option is to go for a wallet made from alligator skin. You can’t really miss these, as they are characterized by the distinct pattern alligator skin is known for. But, beware as these are often copied and made from fake alligator skin.
If you’re not all that into leather, why don’t you take a look at one of many cotton wallets available out there? Many fashion brands are jumping on this bandwagon lately, especially due to the fact that such wallets look really classy, appeal to those who stay away from animal products, and allow for infinite personalization possibilities such as colors, shapes, and patterns. Keep in mind that cotton wallets can never be as durable as their leather counterparts.
Last but not least, you could try some of the synthetic wallets that are currently on the market. They are made from all sorts of random materials, but they are usually designed to emulate the look and feel of leather wallets at a fraction of the cost. Still, you can’t beat the classy appearance of a genuine leather wallet.
Card Slots [Front, Back]
Some men like keeping their most personal stuff inside the wallet. If you’re one of them, always consider the number of things you intend to keep in your new wallet. First and foremost, this means checking how many cards you have. These include credit cards, ID cards, and many others.
Some wallets are designed so that they can carry quite a number of these. They might be designed differently so you can keep your credit cards separated from personal ID cards, which is a neat feature, if you can find it. If you’re spending money on a good wallet, make sure that it is well organized and that it can handle all your cards properly.
Almost anywhere and in any situation, size matters. This is also true with wallets. Some men prefer small ones, while others like their wallets to be as hefty as possible. It’s almost the same as with cars.
Either way, a small wallet will be much more compact and easier to carry around, but it might not be able to handle all your personal stuff. On the other hand, a big wallet will usually be enough, no matter what you need to carry with you, but you won’t be able to fit it snugly into your back pocket. A compromise needs to be made, and you just need to decide how.
Even though materials and size are very important when choosing your new wallet, you shouldn’t neglect the importance of style. Let’s just go over a few important tips when choosing the right style of your new wallet.
First of all, never go for wallets that feature zippers, no matter how convenient they may seem. These are meant for women and to put it simply, these are not for you. Period.
If you’ve decided on the material, we strongly suggest going for black or brown color. These are traditionally observed as the most masculine color choices for a man’s wallet. Such a wallet will show that you have plenty of style and they look luxurious as well. Also, these color choices blend well with most outfits.
Don’t ever go for a wallet that features attention-generating patterns, drawings, or logos. You should aim for understated elegance, so you don’t want your wallet to like an advertisement for its manufacturer.
Wallets with small compartments for change are something you should avoid. If you mean to come off classy, you can’t have change rattling around in your wallet.
Hopefully, these few short but important guidelines will be of great help in choosing the right style for your wallet.
Obviously, not all wallets will have the same features, as this depends largely on the size of the wallet. In most cases wallets come in billfold form, which has two different styles.
Bi-fold wallets actually have two equal sides with a singular fold. These usually also feature several little compartments and slots for cards.
If these are not versatile enough for you, you could go for a tri-fold wallet. It is a wallet with two sides that overlap over each other and a central third part. These types of wallets usually feature a lot more slots and compartments than their bi-fold counterparts and are meant for those who have quite a lot of personal stuff to carry around.
There are people who find these traditional wallets somewhat too bulky, so that’s why recently we’ve seen quite an expansion in popularity of slim wallets. These can be great if you only carry a few cards and a small amount of cash, especially on a night out, all suited up.
On the other hand, there are larger and longer wallets which are meant to even pack your passport if need be. These usually come with security features such as anti-theft clips. Also, if you’re one of those who prefer keeping their bills flat, rather than folded, these are the perfect wallets for you.
Often people go for second-hand items, and this can be quite a money saver in some cases. When purchasing a men’s wallet, we strongly suggest always going for a new one, for obvious reasons. A worn or pre-owned wallet will always look and feel secondhand. Also, some say that it’s bad luck to carry someone else’s wallet around.
What Is a Front Pocket Wallet?
A long time ago, men used to carry their wallets in their back pockets. As this can get quite uncomfortable, over time, people have started using wallets meant to be carried in your front pocket.
This way it is much harder for your wallet to be stolen, and at the same time such specialty wallets are designed to be slimmer and much more comfortable. Many modern front-pocket wallets also come with RFID protection to provide you with even more security.
Some of these wallets even come with metal plates, so that they can slip in an out of your pocket much more easily.
What to Look For In a Wallet?
When purchasing a new wallet, first off determine what material you want to go for. We suggest going for leather ones as they are classy, very durable, and there are a vast amount of options and features included. If you want something different, you could opt for a cotton wallet or one made from synthetic materials.
The next step is to determine the size and the type of wallet. You could go for a slim and tiny one, which doesn’t leave much room for your cash and cards, or you could opt for a large one which can handle most of your stuff rather conveniently. If small wallets aren’t your thing, you can also decide between a folding wallet or a long one which stores all your bills flat.
How to Make a Paper Wallet with Secret Pockets?
Did you know you could make a wallet with secret pockets out of plain paper? All you need is a sheet of paper and two skillful hands. Fold the paper in half widthwise, open it out, and then fold its halves over. Next, take one edge and fold it into one of the four rectangles from the previous step. In this video, you can see the whole process.
What Is a Hipster Wallet?
The hipster culture is everywhere around us, so it also made its way into the world of wallets. A hipster wallet is basically a bi-fold men’s wallet, but usually slightly larger than usual, as it’s meant to carry all your necessities. It can be made of leather or synthetic material, and you can wear it in your back or front pocket.
How to Make a Homemade Wallet
If you like making your own stuff according to good old DIY ethics, you can also make your own wallet at home.
As we’ve already said, you can make one out of plain paper, although that one won’t last long. You can also make one out of duct tape, every man’s favorite item in the world.
To do so you will only need some duct tape, a ruler, and a pair of scissors. As it’s always much easier to watch than imagine what you’re reading looks like, here’s the link to a video that explains how to make a wallet out of duct tape.
With all things taken into consideration, it is hard to decide upon the best men’s wallet, isn’t it? If we really had to pick just one, it would have to be the NapaWalli wallet with magnetic money clip. With a vast array of color options it can be made to fit any style, it’s very practical, it looks awesome, and it won’t break the bank.
If you’re aiming for something that’s really classy and understated, then we strongly suggest you go with Tumi’s little gem of a leather wallet.